Posted by Jeff Vinicombe
Aitutaki, 12th Feb 2010, Mama Kura Pakoti sits in front of what’s left of her house after Cyclone Pat hit Aitutaki.
She sat inside this house sheltering with her husband Nobel Pakoti while the cyclone hit in the early hours of the morning, tearing her 3 month old roof apart and losing most of her personal belongings.
Pacific Pulse has created this space for you and other members of the community to share your stories, photos and videos, and for you to talk to other visitors to the site.
To protect everyone's privacy, we don't publish personal email addresses or contact details.
All contributions are moderated and are published at our discretion. We will not publish, or will we edit contributions that:
• Are offensive and/or disruptive
• Are unlawful, defamatory, threatening, and/or discriminatory
• Advertise and/or endorse commercial products
• Contain personal details
• Contain spam
• Include unsuitable URLs
• Are off-topic
• Breach copyright
• Breach contempt of court laws
• Breach defamation laws
• Impersonate other message board users
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Breach ABC Online Conditions of Use and ABC Communities Conditions of Use.